Monday, April 1, 2024

Felt off and like I was on the verge of getting sick throughout last week. In particular, on Tuesday I felt off and once I was at boxing I found myself getting more tired than normal just from skipping rope and doing mitt work. Eventually caught a second wind and felt a lot better midway through class.

Thursday night ended up being more testing than a real good training session. Worked out how I want to set-up for my new way of doing belt squats, and I found my elbow was hurting from overhead pressing the axle so I switched to 100 lb dips for a couple sets of 10 and 8.

Did a short session for the posterior chain on Saturday. Since I already had 6 plates on the landmine for belt squats, I did Romanian deadlifts with that amount for 2 sets of 12, then SSB good morning with 150 and then 170 for 2 sets of 10.

Yesterday:

2-board press
315 x 1
335 x 1
355 x 1
365 x 1

1-board press
315 x 3

Bench press
275 x 6
245 x 8
(Close-grip) 225 x 10

Lying dumbbell rows
115s x 5 x 12

Curl giant set
Lying dumbbell curls: 35s x 15
Preacher curls: 35s x 5
Standing hammer curls" 35s x 8

Experienced minor elbow pain on the work-up sets when unracking the bar. Put on a cloth Venum elbow sleeve I'd bought last year for the other elbow and then benched wider than normal. Pain went away.

Also want to note that I replaced my Costco extra strength fish oil that made me nauseous in the mornings with a bottle of Flameout and the amount of DHA isn't even comparable. I'll be sticking with Flameout from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment