Thursday, February 8, 2024

Came home from work on Tuesday and right away did 5 minutes of skipping rope and some shadowboxing. Went out for a jog that night. Also weighed 215 Tuesday morning, down 5 lbs since 1/19.

Boxing yesterday was a rejuvenating session. I'd been having a bad mood day and after making myself go, found out 5 minutes before class in the parking lot I didn't have my gloves in my bag. The thought crossed my mind to cancel but I knew it'd be ridiculous to not go inside, so I did, looked for my gloves, and found them in a cubby because I'd forgot them on Friday. Instantly felt better as soon as we started rope skipping, although once again the instructor had to give me his personal rope after all the remaining class ropes were far too short. Going to bring in my own from now on.

Focused on the clinch today, which is easy but as a formality is a new lesson for me in boxing. Different from the Muay Thai clinch I've learned where the hands clutch around the neck to bring the head down. First practiced on the heavy bag, but because class sizes are too big for the amount of space we have (people hit each others' ropes when jump-roping all the time), there weren't enough bags to go around so I shared. Next after partnering up, one boxer would strike, clinch, and turn the defender around. I partnered with a smaller guy but he was very game, threw his combos hard, and moved fast with me. I'm pretty sure we ignored a break at some point, too. I was tired by the end and left shoulder was feeling sore from throwing so many hard jabs, but not gassed.

Woke-up before my alarm this morning and did 5 minutes of skipping rope, 20 burpees, and 10 rapid Muay Thai kicks each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment