Monday, October 30, 2023

 Woke-up 5 minutes before my alarm and got in a morning shadow kickboxing session randomly broken-up with 10 burpees. Nothing was timed, just turned on the music and flowed. Was freezing when I got out of bed and had to take my sweater off by the time I was done.

Submitted a request to be placed on the adult waiting list for a local boxing gym. I've had my eye on this spot since 2007. If I don't hear anything soon I'll sign up for my old Muay Thai gym that's about 5 minutes from my house. It's pricey but the proximity is worth it; I'm saving up for a car to replace the old van I'm driving and I don't want to take my current vehicle further than this if I can help it, especially not on the regular. My first choice would have been American Kickboxing Academy, which has more competition for me (local spot has a lot of suburban family folks going for cardio kickboxing and sparring partners can be hard to come by) and actually $10 cheaper, but that'll be my reward once I get a more reliable vehicle.

Realized my packed lunch was a little light today so I treated myself to a poke bowl with zuchinni spirals instead of rice. Despite the large bowl I was still hungry afterwards so had some of my bison hamburger meat with avocado afterwards.

Getting a little stricter with the diet as I inch further down in weight. Still holding on to my Saturday cheat day but no longer eating carby on Friday night or Sundays. Weighing around 209.

No comments:

Post a Comment