Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Mat pulls (9)
Up to 585 x1
500 x 10

Only had it in me to grind out a single today, so showed 500 what's up. Called it here to take a friend to a doctor's appointment.

Total time spent here was 45 minutes, which is quick for me even with this little amount done. I spend a lot of time in my gym warming-up because of my knees and back. My aim for 2022 is to push the pace and make around 70 minutes the norm for a full work-out.

Phil Stevens commented recently that he's training 6 days a week in 20 minute workouts so he doesn't miss a session. No matter what,  giving up 20 minutes is doable in a day. I'm taking the cue and doing shorter workouts with higher frequency when my schedule requires it.

2 comments:

  1. 585 will always be a great pull. Little 20 minute workouts really do answer the mail. We all have that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on. I remember reading in his encyclopedia that Arnold would even use time constraints as punishment by strictly walking out of the gym after a certain window and neglecting his calves. After a few times of this he got the message that he needs to hurry up and get to his calves already within the time restraint or he'd have to live with always being embarrassed about them.

      Delete