Thursday, April 15, 2021

  I haven't been posting about every night training session, but yeah, it's been nightly. It's my way of coping with two jobs, I don't even see it as a chore (unlike lifting). I come home and typically hit 3-5 rounds on the bag and then go for a jog while zoning out to music. I actually have to force myself to cut the running short in the interest of making it to bed on time. It's really the music that makes it addicting, I enjoy it more when I'm doing something physical. The only bad part is I like to microdose edibles doing it and that's bad for the wallet, but otherwise it's a good habit and it releases energy accrued during the day. Not to be on a high horse because I have a ton of my own shortcomings, but I don't understand how people can work in offices and not workout. Where does their energy go?

3 comments:

  1. I'm at the point where I HAVE to train SOMETHING before I start my shift. Even a little 4 minute tabata thing. Just something to get my heart rate up and blood flowing. Also helps me stimulate my appetite so I can eat on shift.

    Saw your other post dude: you're crazy light again. We're always on opposite ends, haha.

    Getting back into martial arts is making me miss our old forum days. I go back there and it's like no one trains anymore. We were in an interesting time. Good to see you still at it. Maybe we'll get to spar sometime whenever I'm back in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The times I do some kind of workout before my shift have me operating great at work too, I feel you on that. I don't currently do it when I go in person for the morning shift but just thinking about it now is making me want to fit something in. I've noticed that about our weight changes as well lol.

    I miss those days a lot, those forums were a lot more fun than social media. The current iteration is just too inactive and not the same. I'd love to get a sparring session in together someday.

    That was just a really cool and feel-good comment to read by the way, cheers man. Reading your stuff has been a morning routine of mine for WELL over a decade now and it's one reminder in the back of my mind to never quit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah dude. It's a great bit of nostalgia and trip down memory lane. Crazy how long we've had that connection and what we've seen. And you absolutely exemplify "never quit".

      Delete