Tuesday, August 14, 2018

SSB squatted 400x2 today. Everything felt like a ton of bricks again. No way was I going to hit 450.

Been a rough cycle. I think I need a serious reset of my training maxes. My current number for my squat is over 500 and I'm pretty sure I can't hit that right now...and that's just a training max.

Still, that doesn't explain why I'm failing under numbers I succeeded at recently. Obviously I'm losing weight and doing Muay Thai. Another thing, though, is my low carb diet. I'm eating carbs peri-workout, but still going into sessions feeling kinda empty. I couldn't even muster more than one set of 330x8 today (just did one set of 8 and then a drop-set all the way down to the bar, after initially just grinding out 1 rep). I've been eating oatmeal with water and frozen berries as my carb source before lifting, after a morning of just lean meat and veggies. For a grueling lower body session I should try eating more.

Post-workout meal was a big-ass veggie lasagna that I've wolfed down easily. 1200 calories and 60 grams of protein. Yeah, this tells me to eat more before squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment