Friday, July 12, 2024

Went to boxing again on Wednesday. Going to keep increasing my attendance from a norm of 2 days a week to 3-4. Making 4 the standard will be the minimum I need to be competitive.

Very big class size, typical for Wednesdays, but I like the busy environment. Space isn't a problem because this coach is good about breaking up people into groups and putting half on the bags and the other half out in the open. Also seems like a lot of people don't want to step up into the boxing ring, so I tend to shadowbox up there.

3 rounds skipping rope
3 rounds shadowboxing
3 rounds freestyle on the heavybag
1 round partner shoulder-tagging drill
2 rounds of blocking, slipping and rolling with partner throwing 1-2-3s and 3-4s, alternating between dodging and attacking after each combo
Ab work and stretches

I was happy to work with the tallest guy in the gym once again, who usually comes up and asks if I want to partner up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment