Friday, May 31, 2024

Hard to believe it's been a week since we laid Dad to rest. I'll never forget how surreal it was to have his old friend Mo come over. Just a couple weeks prior, Dad was laying on the same couch Mo sat on.
I've still been saying "Hi Dad" and "Bye Dad" or "Goodnight Dad" per routine. I left his bedroom light on the other night and forgot to turn it off, so I did after waking up to use the bathroom.

Then at 3am, the bathroom mirror fell and shattered everywhere. Huge mess. I cleaned it up yesterday evening. Sometime around that occurring, I had a dream that his bedroom light had turned back on by itself. The night before this, I saw him in a dream, but my alarm woke me up, which I was pissed about.

Unfortunately, the memorial park closes at 7 so I can't visit inside after boxing like I planned, but he's close enough to the entrance that I was able to be close to him Wednesday evening after class





No comments:

Post a Comment