Wednesday, April 3, 2024

I just have to mention that on Friday I was hitting the mitts with a coach and he remarked that I've been watching Mike Tyson videos in regards to my punching speed. The kind of comment I fantasize about in my head when going on runs but don't expect to actually hear. Got to talking to him about the peek-a-boo style and that I'm not actively trying to imitate it, to which he said I could make it work.
Monday morning: 5 minutes of alternating between 10 burpees, 20 kettlebell swings, and 30 jumping-jacks

Back was pissed at me Monday morning at work and while it felt better by the time I got home, I decided to table heavy barbell squats until this Thursday.

Belt squats
6 plates x 12
8 plates x 12
Finisher: 50 lb goblet squats x 10

Tuesday boxing was mostly mitt-work with a partner, starting with 1-2-3 and then adding a slip and a 2-3 eventually, or later, 6-2-3. Feeling a little elbow pain when I throw hooks so that's something to monitor.

Ended with lying on the floor and doing 50 neck raises off the ground and then 35 side-to-side. Woke-up to my upper-back and lower-neck area hurting on the left side, around the cervicus muscle. It's the exact same injury as when I tweak that area pressing overhead and should be better in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment