Wednesday, March 6, 2024

 Lunch pic yesterday: sliced lamb from the Google campus. 



Really felt the DOMS in my legs at boxing yesterday just from skipping rope, but no cramping. Was a little uncomfortable during the activity but it stayed at that level and I felt fine when we finished.

Class was pretty technicall and relatively low on the conditioning. Worked with partners the entire time, starting out with light no-contact sparring. My first partner is someone I want to work with more. He's around my height and while pretty skinny, shows a good level of skill. Really gave me a chance to utilize footwork and movement because he was very mobile.

Next drill had us switching partners and using mitts. We would throw a jab, hold it out in the long guard, then throw a cross, slip their jab and throw a right upper-cut, and pivot into a left hook. 

Ended taking turns on the bag while dodging noodles that the defender behind the bag would use to simulate hooks. Upon rolling under the hook, 4 alternating hooks are thrown. While the instructor was further clarifying for my partner how to get down low enough and roll I was already well into my Mike Tyson imaging. 

This morning before work: 5 minutes of shadow kickboxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment