Friday, January 26, 2024

I'm due to go back in for more bloodwork because of my elevated creatinine levels. I already know the deal about how intense training can throw those off, so to make sure it's just a temporary reading I'll rest a few days before going back to the lab. I also forgot to mention to my doc during the visit that I was supplementing with creatine mono up until a few weeks ago.

Wednesday boxing was a good session. Young coach but he at least had a pulse and was attentive to the class. Just gotta avoid the Tuesday class. My blood sugar levels felt drained halfway through class and I became fatigued and shaky. It's a familiar feeling so I calmly rode it out until my body switched to a different fuel source (hopefully fat). Happens if I drink a sugary post-workout shake and wait too long to eat solid food, but I've also noticed it if I'm underfed and go on a run. Took the feeling of being drained as a good training challenge and I felt much better by the end of class (and not even particularly hungry).

Yesterday morning before work I hit 40 push-ups paired with 30 heavy band pull-aparts. That night I did a full-body workout with minimal rest times. Worked up to squatting 320x5 with the SS bar using a close-stance, ATG, no knee sleves, and in sneakers - I take the time to detail that because it feels like such a different beast compared to how I squat on the weekend. Followed that with a couple 15-rep sets of single leg curls with 3 plates, then 160x5, 7, 5 axle press super-set with pull-upsx10-15, and ended with a super-set of dumbbell curls with light kettlebell hammer curls.  It's amazing how you can make light weight heavy by tweaking some small things, reducing rest times, and focusing on the muscle contraction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment