Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Forgot to mention in my program right off, I will be monitoring rest times from now on with an interval app. 3 minutes rest for main work sets. This is a big change for me. 

Yukon squats
380 x 5, 5, 5

Bent-over dumbbell rows
100 x 8

Bench press 
265 x 5, 5, 5
-
Super-set with bilateral dumbbell rows
115s x 8, 8, 107

Iron Woody band pressdowns 
14, 15, 10
-
Super-set with bilateral dumbbell curls
50s x 10
35s x 10, 10

5 minutes exercise bike 

Interestingly enough, these are basically the weights I used 10 years ago, although my squat is stronger now, but with vastly reduced rest times. It feels fresh and exciting to use that as a progression model.

I had a blast this workout, and even got a good pump at the end. Had to rest a little longer than 3 minutes on the last bench press set but when I got into the bar I realized that was probably not necessary; the first set felt the hardest (partially because of my greatly reduced warm-up prep) and I began to ease into 265.

2 comments:

  1. Cool to watch these changes and evolutions. There's STILL so much to learn. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! That's a good way of putting it. Amazing how despite the amount of time we've been training you still feel like there's so much to try out and experiment with.

      Delete