Thursday, April 12, 2018

Muay Thai yesterday. First time this year going without contacts. Completely forgot I wasn't wearing any by the time I was working, so that's good. Via instructed drill, worked on slipping my partner's jab with a counter to the chest as I weaved under his attack at the same time. We took turns doing this. Eventually added a leg kick which threw both of us off because we were stepping out with the wrong leg. Got it down and then added a 3, 2, and a knee to finish it off. I chose the tallest guy there deliberately. To be honest, when I faced off I noticed I was exaggerating his size in my head and when at a distance and he didn't seem tall when we went at it. Finished off on the bag. I felt a light twinge in my right hamstring tendon when throwing a left roundhouse and took it very easy when supporting with that leg afterwards. I am restricting myself to three days a week at this place for now while I powerlift and continue to gauge how my body is doing in regards to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment