Saturday, September 19, 2015

Did mat pulls off 7 mats for only 5 a couple days ago. I'd forgotten to take breaks at work and my back was feeling very stiff. Also, while doing kettlebell goblet squats I discovered that that's what's been bugging my shoulder. The fix for that is easy, just do high rep bar squats.

Bench press:
Up to 355 x 1
Shoulder hurt but singles were manageable.

Close-grip bench
250 x 10, 9, 8, 8
Pain here too but I'm stupid so I kept going.

Chin-ups
15, 20
90 x 8, 8, 8

Might do more after work, depending on if I get called in early for tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I support your strategy that the solution for pain is more work. Great way to teach the body to quit complaining, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks. It's funny how I did that when I was a beginner, "wisened up" after I'd read some and thought I knew a bit, and then came full circle with not giving a crap again now (within reason, I mean).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. There's a reason these things were so obvious when we started: they work. It's only mental gymnastics in an attempt to avoid hard work that convinces us otherwise.

      Delete