Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mat pulls (7)
485 x 10
> Getting really good with the hip hinge. Shoulders still shift forward though. It's really hard to stop that. It doesn't make a difference now but it fucks with me when I get to the floor, although since I didn't film any of my last cycle I'm probably doing it less by being so conscious of it. Hopefully I'm good with the form I have, but I'll keep working on it.


SSB squats
320 x 5, 5, 5

SSB holds
510 x 20, 15, 20

Trained in the rain but it didn't affect anything.

2 comments:

  1. Great improvement on the mat pull. Your floor deadlift work on your other days may pay off in grooving the correct technique, but otherwise, it's about appreciating being "stronger" period, even if it isn't necessarily stronger EXACTLY at the floor deadlift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, man. I'm still chasing high-performance deadlift form and it's uniquely satisfying to rip heavy weight from the floor, but my back has gotten obviously stronger and that's why I lift.

    ReplyDelete