Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Entry #254
Squatted 315 for 3 reps, and then 335 for singles today. Definitely could have done more, but I'm wary of possible injury from increasing poundages too suddenly. I'm also looking to improve on pull-ups by using them as the lat exercise at the end of this session from here on out. The plan calls for an 8-10 rep scheme; I managed 6 (due to it being at the end).

Did HIIT on a run later at night. My shins were killing me after the first burst. I had to walk half the way, and sit down for a few-minute rest in the middle of it. Never had this happen before. Perhaps I'm not used to sprinting at this weight, or maybe it's because I shouldn't be running on leg day.

3 comments:

  1. It's definitely the increase in bodyweight.  Odds are your body is still adjusting to it.  Take it easy on your shins.  Maybe get your HIIT from cardio bike or jump rope whlie slowly building up your bodies ability to absorb the impact.
    Pull-ups pwn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought so. Thanks. The pool should come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, you know what's fun?  Now that you're so dense with muscle, you'll actually be more prone to sinking than before.

    ReplyDelete