Friday, August 23, 2024

Boxing was low intensity combo trading with a partner on Wednesday, which was good for my hips. Twisting when throwing hooks was a little uncomfortable but not too bad. Ended with bag work. Had the most difficulty training abs at the end because keeping my legs elevated in the air was painful so I kept my feet planted for crunches.

Woke-up on Thursday feeling better; still a little pain if I lift either leg up, but was able to squat with a closer stance no problem.

Squats (high bar)
315 x 17

20 kettlebell pull-overs with 25 lbs

Incline bench press
195 x 7, 7, 7, 8

Super-set with lying dumbbell rows
115s x 4 x 8

Poundstone curls
30 x 100

Left shoulder is hurting. Throwing power jabs and lifting are taking their toll together. Managed to incline bench OK but will change the movement if shoulder hasn't improved next week. Will add in more bar hangs and reintroduce Turkish get-ups. Also haven't done band pull-aparts or facepulls in a minute. 

On the plus side, got 2 more squat reps than last time. 17th rep is when the grind started and I had to really squeeze my abs tight to keep my back from folding over and there was a little bit of a good morning effect. Woke-up with my back feeling great despite that. 

This morning before work I did 50 band pull-aparts and 3 Turkish get-ups with the 15 kettlebell. Hips continue to feel better; can raise my legs without any pain today.

No comments:

Post a Comment