Thursday, February 1, 2024

Fun boxing session last night. Paired up with a partner for a movement drill where we had to tag each other's shoulders. I was standing less square than the 3 people I worked with and while they primarily blocked my taps, I was fairly effective in simply twisting my shoulders away from contact. It's obviously very easy to block a light tap so I figured it'd be much better use of the exercise to dodge.

Next, inside the boxing ring one person would throw a succession of jabs while backing up the other person, and the defender would circle out to either side when sensing proximity to the ropes. Eventually we added a 6-3-2 combo (uppercut-hook-cross) for the defender to throw before moving away from the ropes.

This morning before work was 3 minutes of rope-skipping followed by 20 burpees.

No comments:

Post a Comment