Monday, December 26, 2022

Woke up before alarm at 6:08 and started the morning off with 100 burpees, a PR. A few brief rest pauses here and there.

After work:

Mat pulls (4)
515 x 8
405 x 15, 10

Ended the session at this point to train my client, then came back in the evening to do some split-squats with 110 lbs and use the reverse-hyper.

Great training day.

I'm really enjoying training my current client by the way. I realized I like this kind of gig if the trainee is enthusiastic about lifting. What turned me off from trying this out a decade ago was having to be a motivator to someone who's not that into it. That's why I would never be a good salesman. I really could not care less if you want something or not, I ain't gonna try to convince you.

3 comments:

  1. A motivated learner is huge. It's awesome having someone on that side of the spectrum. Super rewarding. Saw your other post about the ABCs and other circuit work: it's absolutely rewarding. So much volume and intensity in a tight package.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, I'm never going to bother with someone who doesn't want to be there again. And thanks for the misery you've introducted me with circuit training, I had a bias against it for the longest time without realizing what a fantastic way to train it is.

      Delete
    2. Oh absolutely dude! Such a terrible way to get in some volume and conditoning.

      Delete