Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Crazy couple of days. Monday started out with a lack of sleep, then my car started making noises on the drive to the office. Am in the market for a new car so I went to the dealer afterwards, which took 3 hours, and put the down payment for a 2021 Corolla that will be ready in 3 days after financing is approved. Didn't have anything to eat except a weightgainer shake in the morning that left me very hungry with a lunchless afternoon.

On the drive home 4 hours after I normally get off work, my car died. Luckily, my tow came quicker than the 2 hours that was expected and got a ride home with my car trailing behind from a very cool tow truck driver. 

By the time all this was over it was evening and I had to start getting ready for bed. Got much better sleep, although still had to wake up via alarm.

Come into the office and the whole place is flooded. The water was shut-off yesterday and someone had left the faucet handle in the on position. When the water came back on at night, water ended up flowing overnight until I came in and turned it off. I wasn't wearing boots so I'm sitting at my desk with wet socks and shoes, freezing. If I had a longer shift I'd go back home to change. Food is two peanut-butter sandwiches and a thermos of milk.

2 comments:

  1. Wild few days there man. That which does not kill you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hell yeah! I was stting in the office cold and hungry today thinking I don't feel this kind of discomfort enough. The fact I have this conditioning in me that thinks it's essential to eat at perfect little intervals makes me want to screw things up more.

      Delete