Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Had a bit of a lousy squat day yesterday. The good news is I did my goal of a 325x5 lowbar squat. However, my upper spine was in more pain than usual and getting under the bar at 225+ required several attempts and psych-ups, which resulted in me being idle too long between sets. At one point doing assistance work with 275 I thought I heard a cracking sound but I was in no additional pain so I don't know if that was my imagination or just something totally benign akin to when people crack their knuckles or back.

I also came the closest to a catastrophe on the squat I've ever encountered. With the 325 on my back one of the patio pavers under my feet slid and my legs widened. Somehow I stopped it and was able to prevent myself from doing the splits, but barely. Kind of impressive I was able to stay balanced but if I had been squatting in the 400s or especially 500s this could have been bad. Will make sure to secure them from now on.

Enough mopiness. I slogged through and will attack again.

2 comments:

  1. Glad that didn't go any worse. Let's keep it with me having the blown out knee and you with the blown out bicep. No need to swap, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, seriously. Then again if it means placing first in future contests like you've been doing then...

    ReplyDelete