Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I'm going to shift my training to the morning whenever I can. I feel much better getting it done in this period than after work and finishing late at night. Yesterday I managed to get a 50 minute session done before work in the AM. I did a one-arm bench press using my car deadlift handle and the barbell loaded to one side.



The reason for bringing this exercise in was to give my healthy bicep tendon a break from all the brutal dumbbell hosting it's been supporting. I felt the strain before this deload and have read accounts of people ending up tearing their other bicep while in recovery from the first one. It made a big difference just being able to unrack a weight for once.

It'll be nice when I can lift 45s with two arms again when doing squats. As it stands, just subbing out dumbbell pressing sometimes is the first step and my bicep already feels much better.

2 comments:

  1. I like that. Creative solution. Similar to a viking press set-up. Good on you to pick up a few lessons like this along the way. Pretty common to see the exact injuries you're mentioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's like you say, injuries are an opportunity for ingenuity and doing a new movement will benefit me in ways beyond just accommodating an injury.

    ReplyDelete