Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bench press
Up to 317.5 x 3
Everything, including warm-up and work-up sets, felt shockingly heavy, but this was an improvement. I've gained 5 lbs since being sick and am looking much bigger, alternatively. It definitely feels like I need a deload. Pec tendons hurt for the first time in awhile. I should not dumbbell press AND close-grip bench on both press days of the week. Pick one.

Close-grip bench
195 x 8, 9, 8, 8

Pull-ups
10, 12, 20
Weighted
90 x 8, 10, 10

Clean and press
205 x 3, push-press x 5
My clean endurance is terrible. Need to Crossfit this bitch. My overhead strength seems to be getting better at least. I will say that cleaning under fatigue seems to force me to not use my arms as much and to really throw the thing up out of necessity, which is a good habit to practice.

Bodybuilding stuff for chest, tris, rear-delts, and biceps

As I touched on earlier, I've gained 5 lbs in total and weigh 212 now. Arms and chest in particular seem to be growing (belly too, though some of it is carb bloat).

1 comment:

  1. "Less pressing" is a lesson I learned as well. For me it was a shoulder impingement, but still the same sort of thing: injuries popping up. Isolation work seems to be helpful to still get the blood flowing and muscles moving while saving the joints and tendons. I'm thinking that beginners can get away with doing a ton of different pressing exercises since the weight they are moving is so little, whereas stronger guys have to do more isolation work to save their bodies.

    ReplyDelete