Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Entry #1157

First gym day in California since I've arrived. I made plans with George without thinking and didn't want to cancel so this session was done at 1:30 AM (24 Hour Fitness) after an evening of blasting away Terminators at Nickel City.

Bench press:
95 x 5
135 x 5
200 x 5
225 x 5
260 x 10
> There's no power rack here so I had to make do with crappy benches that had the bar set way too low. Why the hell has this become a standard now across multiple chains? Who the fuck is designing these? My shoulder-pec tie-in began to hurt from pin pressing the bar up at an awkward angle to get set, so I asked someone for a lift-off on the 260 set. He asks "A spot?" and I reply "No, I just want a lift-off. I'm not planning on going to failure so I don't need any help on the reps." He nods. What does he do? As soon as I lower the first rep I notice he's keeping his hand on the bar the whole way through and I can actually feel the weight of his arm applying and unapplying weight in his attempt to move with me. Wtf? I considered reiterating that I don't need him to do that but then thought I don't want to break my concentration, which of course broke my concentration by internally debating it. I thanked him because I don't want to be rude to someone who was nice enough to help me out, though. I guess all I can say is I can't wait to be back in Portland.

Pause bench press:
200 x 3 x 10
> Pec was a little achy and this is starting to get hard just from a poundage perspective.

Dumbbell rows:
125 x 3 x 10
> Didn't bring my strap to CA.

Incline bench press:
155 x 10, 9

T-bar row:
3 plates x 10

Set of cable rows, and super-sets of rear-delt flyes + dumbbell preacher curls

Post-workout: eggs and sausages with white grape juice. Still eating at 4:52 AM, ugh.

1 comment:

  1. Hey PPP hope all is well! I haven't updated my log in months let alone gone to the gym but I'm starting up again. It's good to see you're going strong with this. My new gym has some of those issues you were highlighting too! Except the power rack is usually broken (someone stole j-hooks) and the benches have very low pins. Anyway, just wanted to drop by to see how you were doing...hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete