Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Entry #1033

Bench press:
220 x 5
250 x 3
280 x 7
> Very long warm-up, and it paid off, even though I was going for 8.

Skullcrushers:
50s x 7, 6, 5, 4, 3
> No tendonitis feeling thanks to warming up with band pressdowns and using Fat Gripz. My elbows thanked me. 

Dumbbell rows:
160s x 5, 6, 6, 6, 6
> Left arm is way stronger than my right, even though that's the side I injured my shoulder on. 

Bilateral curls:
50s x 7
35s x 10
25s x 10 

Done in an hour.

I think I might be noticing a pattern of being really strong whenever I don't go to boxing. Then again, it might just be a coincidence and I was weak last week just because. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm at 235x5...When will it be mine turn for 280x7

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be at the age where serving 2 masters just can't reaonsably happen anymore.  Picking between boxing or powerlifting may be in the horizon.  It was a tough call for me, but I don't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done martial arts this regularly before while weightlifting AND at such a low bodyweight while still losing some pounds here and there, so it might just be that. Still, that's so fucking depressing to even ponder, lol.@Pancake: Keep eating your broccoli.

    ReplyDelete