Friday, April 2, 2010

Entry #818

I've gained 2 pounds despite heavy cardio training. Strength is rapidly coming back. Yesterday I benched 315 x 3.

Today was a good DE day. My core strength is also improving so overhead squats today were very stable at ATG. I stuck with using my running shoes instead of going barefoot because my ankle has been hurting recently on this movement only when going without outer-wear, and it did the trick as far as the pain was concerned. Proper ankle support is definitely superior to going bare, it looks like. I should go and finally get some Chuck Taylor's over the weekend.

Doing calf raises on this stupid machine inflicted this:





7 comments:

  1. What are those music notes for? Do you sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @l3loodFist - Do you play the penile trumpet, or a brass trumpet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chucks aren't really going to offer angle support.  It's like wearing a laceup sock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. None at all? If it's as much as even just wrapping my wrist up with a boxing wrap then it'd be good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @l3loodFist - Get high top Chucks and wear tube socks. That should help. Be sure to take pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you lean a little more towards the East, I can kiss it better... <3Also, unless you have no arch in your feet, Chucks are extremely non-supportive (perfectly flat on the inside). Admittedly, I know nothing of weight lifting, but I wouldn't recommend them in conjunction with any sort of exercise.

    ReplyDelete