Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Entry #759

Bench press:
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
295 x 3
315 x 3
325 x 3
> There's a good PR. I expected to lose gains from all the cardio I've been doing, combined with a severe lack of sleep last week. Not so.
I did a terrific warm-up by wrapping a resistance band around the width of a random cable station, positioning my back against it, holding onto the ends of the bands, and punching against them. It's very helpful on the shoulder joints.

Arnold press:
85 lb. dumbbells 8,8,7

Gym closed, so I did chin-ups and ab work at the track.

6 comments:

  1. It seems like the gym always closes during your workout.  Any reason you don't get there any earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I go late or else the douchebag personal trainer will be there and won't let me in the area where I lift. It's off-limits for absolutely no reason (the rest of the staff doesn't care), and is the only room with the power rack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, lame.  Shame you have to prioritize your training that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how many chin ups do you do and what ab work at the track

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't count when it's bodyweight, and I do a circuit of leg raises and crunches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. when you do the leg raises are you on the ground or hanging from like a chinup bar or something

    ReplyDelete