Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Entry #599

ME upper

Bench press:
4 x 3     135, 185, 225, 275 lbs.
4 x 1     325 lbs.
> Have the last set on video (which, coincidentally, was my worst). No bounce, but definitely wouldn't have passed in competition. From now on, I'll employ strict pauses at the bottom.

Overhead tricep extensions:
4 x 8     75 lbs. of plates

Front raises:
3 x 16   45 lb. dumbbells

Cable rows:
4 x 8     150 lbs.

Hammer curls:
1 x 16   55 lb. dumb bells
1 x 12   55 lb. dumbbells
1 x 10   55 lb. dumbbells






The picture makes it look like a 2-step lift. Trust me, it was an ugly rep. The first three were much better.

Edit: now that YouTube is back up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVlnGMm54c

4 comments:

  1. The world indeed. Getting back up there, I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little technique I use for setting up an arch.  Grab the bar with the correct width, and "row" yourself up to the bar, then set your ach before your decent.
    I also like to lift without a shirt, so that my skin can stick to the bench, but that's just personal preference.  A regular t-shirt tends to slip and slide a little bit.
    The bench looks good.  If you got an early press command, you'd have been fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually do that inverted row practice, usually. It helps with getting the feel of pulling the bar down with the lats. I read it in one of Pavel's books a while back.I'd lift without a shirt if I weren't at a public gym, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used a wife-beater at the public gym, because the neck could be pealed down and I could make skin contact, but hell, if you can bench 325 with the t-shirt, just means you'll be stronger in optimal situations.

    ReplyDelete