Saturday, December 15, 2007

Entry #535

Box squats:
10 x 2   225 lbs.
> First set hurt. Extreme depth. Warm-up more next time. My hip flexors payed for this. Speed was excellent in the later sets.

Good mornings:
3 x 8     155 lbs.

Full-contact twists:
4 x 10   70 lbs.
> Was a challenge to diminish leg drive here.

Neck crunches:
3 x 10   45 lbs.
> Feh, I need to find a better contraption. The rope wasn't staying put.

Gripper #1:
3 x 5

I was supposed to be moving next month, but my roommate, whom I've known since middle school, is cause for concern. When I point out that neither of us have steady jobs yet (although I'm going to Ace this week for an application), his response is, "We'll figure something out." Doesn't cut it for me. If it pulls through, there'll be some good training opportunities, since we'll be sharing a car.

Also, George expressed interest in sparring. It's about time.

4 comments:

  1. Access to a car will definitely be an asset for your training.
    You got any tips for getting explosive from the bottom of the box squat?  As you've seen in my log, it's where I tend to be struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to try narrowing your stance a little and gradually increase it week by week. It was harder to get up with a wide stance, for me. Also, plyometrics as a warm-up might help by translating into your squat performance (box jumps and junk).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't have any box to jump onto, but I'll try what I can for a warm-up, thanks for that tip.  My stance isn't too terribly wide, but I'll keep it under review.
    There might be a throwdown in San Jose sometime in January.  I'll keep you posted about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking at that exact thread, if it's on Bullshido. I'm hyped to see if it goes anywhere.About the box squats, my later sets are usually way faster than my first few, so I figure it's easy to overestimate what you're doing for warming up.

    ReplyDelete