Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Entry #532

To recap: Sunday, I woke up with excruciating back pain. However, it was within my upper-back muscles, not my spine, so it wasn't a continuation of previous issues. I had had a pretty violent dream (fighting demons from Hell again; won't they ever learn?) the night before, and I probably wrenched a muscle from moving in my sleep. I could barely raise my arms, at first.

Monday, the pain persisted in the morning, but by the afternoon, I felt completely fine, so I lifted.

Squats (ATG):
295 x 5
295 x 4
295 x 4
295 x 3
295 x 2

So it went up, but stamina remains a problem. Moreover, I failed under only 225 lbs. on bench press. First three reps were easy, and then my arms just collapsed on the fourth. A guy ran over to help, and I snarled, "Get away" out of anger. He backed off, but kept his eye on me. I could see that he had good intentions, so I joked, "I'm gonna get this rep even if it kills me!"  I lay there for several minutes with the bar on my chest, waiting for my strength to return. However, keeping that amount in that position demanded a fair share of deltoid flexibility, and I couldn't really recover like that. I rolled the bar onto the bench's safety mechanisms, which were about a centimeter over my neck, so my head was trapped. I had to roll under and onto the floor so I could rerack. Even if there were no safety contraptions, though, I would have just tilted the whole thing onto one side, like I've done before.

I start bulking tomorrow. My losses have gotten out of hand.

3 comments:

  1. This cut has gone really bad for you.  May your bulk make up for you failed cut and lost strength!I did the something similar with my dad when he spot me the other day with squats.  I was at the top of the 15th rep and said, "5 MORE!"  He said, "You don't-"  I cut him off with a ferocious growl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being skinny just isn't for you dude.  I'll race you to the 600lb deadlift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For someone that's already hitting 500+, that's not a very fair race.

    ReplyDelete