Saturday, October 13, 2007

Entry #494

Floor press:
3 X 3     135, 185, 225 lbs.
2 X 1     275 lbs.
> Holy horseflies, Batman! My form was completely off on this. It's most certainly an issue of coordination over strength because I had a much easier time with these same numbers on bench press. I changed position and made subtle nuances in my set-up between every set, but none felt right. Just a few months ago, I was putting up 315 for 3.
Another setback to conquer. Excellent. Wait in line, chump.

Incline dumbbell press:
3 X 8     90 lb. dumbbells

Bent-over dumbbell rows:
3 X 10   100 lb. dumbbells

Seated lateral raises:
2 X 6     30 lb. dumbbells
> I was running low on time at this point.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, got a question for ya.  I hear people talk about deloading on the traditional westside template, but not much detail about it.  Is it sufficient to change the ME lifts, or does one need to actually work at a lower volume/weight for a training session?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never needed to do anything more than switch the lifts every three weeks, unless you're talking about a singles routine, in which case I would deload with lower intensity after six weeks. Otherwise, just switching it up should be enough. The light days do a lot for active recovery in and of themselves for me.

    ReplyDelete