Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Entry #436

DE upper-body

I trained too soon after a big lunch. I was struggling not to throw up between sets.

Speed bag/heavy bag warm-up (bare knuckle)

Clean and press:
6 X 3
135 lbs.
This weight felt very light, but the full-body movement and short rest periods proved taxing on my cardio. Form was excellent. I actually positioned my feet in the standard snatch stance this time, as opposed to parallel.
Note: Deadlifting 135 posed zero pain. It's time to reintroduce the deadlift.

Barbell skullcrushers:
4 X 8
115 lbs.

Pull-ups:
3 X 8     1 X 5
These were the best pull-ups I've ever done. I felt like a feather on the first set, able to hold each rep at the top with ease, chin well over the bar, before returning to a complete hang.

Hise shrugs:
3 X 15
225 lbs.
And again, this weight felt fine on my knees and back. I won't jump right in at a heavy weight, but this is a good week.

The gym was packed with high school aquaintances that I did well in ignoring, but Jeff was among the horde, and he expressed further interest in "stand-up training", as he put it. He got my number (again). I won't expect much to come out of this, but let it be said.

5 comments:

  1. what the hell was that comment aboutok I see you don`t want me calling you lolits ok lanceits okits kk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your getting back into Deadlifting

    ReplyDelete
  3. anyone can do deadlifts, its just that easy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck doing them with a fucked-up back though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uuhh u curse... sumone gonna hafta know abt that, and I do deadlifts all the time, nah I`m kidding, I dnt even know wht a dead lift is, but I gotta say it does sound pretty dangerous.

    ReplyDelete