Thursday, February 1, 2007

Entry #371

A variety of new concepts were introduced today.

DE upper~body

Dips (bodyweight):
6 reps
20 reps
13 reps
10 reps
It's a milestone that I can manage these again, but my breastbone still feels tremendously stressed. I should get an X~ray on it.

Barbell tricep extension:
100 lbs., 10 reps
4 sets

Pull-ups:
6 reps
7 reps
6 reps
4 reps
3 reps

Clean and press to hise shrugs:
145 lbs., 20 reps
3 set
The CnP was only done on the first to get the iron in position. I was unaware that I could do it with this amount so easily, however. It's a relatively new movement that I still need practice on.

4 comments:

  1. The sternum feeling is normal when doing dips. You have to get used to it, or try and stay more upright and not go so deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that it's gotten more problematic over time, however. Still, that's somewhat reassuring. Perhaps it's just a result of me gaining weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same problem with dips since I started out. What I did was grip on the very edge of each bar and I felt it a lot less. Not sure if that will help much, but it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I always grip on the very edge.  I don't like being far between the bars.

    ReplyDelete