Saturday, July 16, 2005

Entry #130
The tae kwon do testing wasn't that great. Turns out it wasn't even the
testing. As the instructor said, it was just a "graduation". Fun to
watch, but not worth describing.


Endurance training at the high school field with George today. I managed 16 pull-ups.


I need to go to GNC to get something different than N-Large for a post-workout shake. N-Large doesn't have dextrose in it.
List:
100% pure whey protein isolate (not concentrate).
Pure dextrose
Maltodextrin


Haven't been eating enough the past few days.

3 comments:

  1. Can you get maltodextrin and dextrose from G.N.C? Tell me please if you can! Pretty tight Tae-Kwondo stuff man. Peace. -Spence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably a dumb question but, what's the difference between Whey protein concentrate and isolate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spence, turns out GNC doesn't carry it. My friend told me he hasn't seen anywhere in the US carry them either. He gave me a site to order it in bulk, if you want it I can get it for ya.
    Whey isolate is higher quality protein (more pure); it has a greater amount of protein and less fat and lactose in a serving than concentrate. Your muscles also absorb it faster. Problem is it's more expensive.

    ReplyDelete