Friday, April 26, 2024

Ate less carbs than usual (mini hummus cup and half an RX bar) before boxing yesterday and had my blood sugar crash at the gym. Thankfully, we were doing bag work at first so I could go at my own pace, and it went away after about 20 minutes, which I always hope to mean my body has switched to fat as its fuel source. Worked on hooks for most of the session, and I feel like working through the low energy benefitted me because I powered through it to throw hard shots and by the time I was feeling better, I was landing some bombs on the bag.

My partner for mitt work was a big guy who threw hard, which always excites me, but he kept stopping after throwing combinations to take a breather and note that he messed up the combo. I really wish people would just keep going. I'm not interested in constant play-by-play commentary on how you're doing in the middle of drills - I'm literally experiencing it with you. It was more common at my Muay Thai gym than here, at least.

Currently in the market for new sparring head gear and gloves, as the new bag gloves I recently bought should definitely not make contact with a human face and my Fairtech ones are developing cracks from age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment