Thursday, February 29, 2024

During my daily lunch break walk yesterday, I went down the route that has the pull-up bars and I did 21 reps before heading back to the office.

Got to work with a tall partner in boxing, which I want to do more of. Simple drills of parrying the jab and countering with our own, or throwing 1-2s and blocking the 2 that's going to the body. Switched partners and did the shoulder tag sparring. I paired with an older guy whom I've gotten to know a little and have a good rapport with. We were REALLY moving and getting into it and we cracked some smiles because it was obvious we were working harder than some of the other trainees around us. He was out of breath by the end but I appreciate that this guy works hard during drills; he masks his fatigue well while partnered up.

Upon getting home, I hit the weights AGAIN. I was annoyed I only got 5 reps of skullcrushers with the 50 lb dumbbells that morning while fasted, so after warming-up with 20 burpees I tried again and got 9 skullcrusher reps, but this time with a flat bench, not an incline. Also did more band pressdowns and 3 sets of curls.

No comments:

Post a Comment