Friday, June 14, 2019

3 rounds of hill sprints followed by a 20-minute jog yesterday evening. Second time this week doing that.

Worked on front squats today. Set-up is challenging for me since it's been years. Have been trying the clean set-up but my wrists can only handle a couple of reps. Today I used straps, which were comfortable but the bar kept falling forward. Still, it was the most solid out of everything I've tried, though I still sucked. Managed 1 rep of 275 for 2 sets; couldn't get more than that without the bar rolling forward into my arms. Also did 8 with 225 and 10 with 135.

Since the weight there was so light I did belt squats for a PR of 7 full plates and a 25. 8 reps.
Have also been doing one-legged RDLs this week with a Meadows row barbell set-up. Did that with two 45s and a 25. Very effective, legs are burning after 8-10 reps. Glad I found a viable hamstring exercise. It's good enough to keep after I'm healthy again.

Speaking of which, I'm continuing to feel a little better. Hope I can squat and deadlift again soon. I want to make it to an August powerlifting meet, but if things are just healing too slowly my back-up plan is a November one.

2 comments:

  1. Hope things heal up quick dude. Good to see you getting creative with it. Lots of learning opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's definitely been the case. I'm also pushing the pace of my sessions more since I don't feel as tired/lazy by doing multiple squat sets, which timed nicely with your recent article on Mythical Strength.

    ReplyDelete